Who Can Join?
Membership is open to people who are 18 years or older. An individual who has attained the age of 18 can join a Masters Club to train and compete in Club, Branch and National Masters Events. FINA still retains its minimum age for competing at 25 years.
You can travel the world as an Australian Masters Swimmer and train with any Masters Club. We recommend you do some research about the Club(s) before you travel and introduce yourself and check on their latest training information to confirm arrangements for the session.
The following services are available to members of Masters Swimming Australia:
- Provide national governance of Masters Swimming in Australia
- National Committees – Coaching, Swim Meets & Technical
- Development of national rules, policies & guidelines
- Provide national insurance policies for members and officials
- Maintenance of the national website & management of the website platform
- Maintenance of the national registration database
- Production and distribution of quarterly e-newsletters
- Sourcing, partnerships, strategic alliances, sponsorship and funding at the national level
- Liaison with Swimming Australia, FINA, and ASCTA on relevant matters
- Sanctioning of International and National Masters Swimming events in Australia
- Guidance and assistance in the organisation of the National Championships and Masters Games swimming events
- Development and approval of accredited coaching and technical courses
- Management of the National Swim Series
- Management of the Vorgee Million Metre Awards and Vorgee Endurance 1000
- Publishing of National records and National Top 10 results via the MSA Results Portal
- Awards such as the Masters Coach of the Year, Official of the Year and National Championship trophies
- Maintenance of the national archives
What types of membership are available?
Available to all members. Runs from July 1 to December 31 only.
Our major, and most popular membership. Available to all members. Runs from January 1 to December 31 (NB – All 12 month memberships expire December 31, no matter when you join throughout the year).
Available to all members. Runs from September 1 to December 31 in the following year.
As from July 1st, 2019 swimmers can take advantage of 6 or 16 month membership options by simply visiting the Members Portal. These options are available to any swimmer not currently a member of a Master’s Club.
Swimmers who have been previous members will already have their details in the Members Portal and should use this existing data when re-joining. If you are not sure of your login and password please contact Masters Swimming SA or your previous club.
How much does it cost to join?
Registration fees are comprised of a National, Branch and Club component. The membership fee is the sum of all three components. As club fees vary from $0 to around $50 depending on the club, totals are not provided in the table below.
|2021/22 Membership Fees|
|6 Month Membership
1 July 2021 – 31 Dec 2021
|12 Month Membership
1 Dec 2020 – 31 Dec 2021
|16 Month Membership
1 Sept 2021 – 31 Dec 2022
|Club Component||Varies from $0 to approx $50||Varies from $0 to approx $50||Varies from $0 to approx $50|
Membership of Multiple Clubs
Members can join as many clubs as they like, including clubs in different states if desired. The primary club shall be referred to as the member’s First Claim Club. All other clubs shall be referred to as the member’s Second Claim Club.
For a First Claim Club, the club member will pay the required Club, Branch and National components of the membership fee. For any subsequent club memberships, the swimmer will pay only the club fee if all clubs are within the same Branch and a club plus Branch fee if any clubs are in different States.
Points gained by a club member in the Vorgee National Endurance 1000 Competition shall accrue to the members First Claim Club. In swim meets, the member may represent any club of which they are a member, provided that the swimmer does not swim for more than one club in the same meet.
A member retains the same membership number even if they join more than one club